Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Steve Was Inspired

New technology is created when God needs it to be.  Technology has only enhanced the world's opportunity to receive the gospel; it speeds up the work.  I'm not an Apple fan, but I don't necessarily hate Apple either, but I often surprise people when I say, "I believe that Steve Jobs was inspired."  I believe the time came that God wanted iPads (tablets) on the earth and Steve Jobs was the one chosen to receive the proper inspiration to bring them about.  Were Henry Ford or the Wright brothers not inspired either?  Ironic how hordes of people obsess over their little gadgets,  loving them more than they love God.  What did their little gadgets ever to for them?

4 comments:

  1. I wonder if Jobs was the only one inspired or the only inspired one that did something about it. Something to think about more generally too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It wasn't just Steve Jobs but rather groups of people working together in unison. One of Apple's strengths is their design process which is one of continual refinement over time with some of the best talent in the world. I think there's a reason for councils in the church as well as in Apple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In your estimation, what are the reasons that God wanted tablets right now (as opposed to existing laptops and mobile devices)? I'm not saying that they weren't wanted; I'm just interested to hear your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for justifying iPads in sacrament meeting

    ReplyDelete