Monday, November 26, 2012

Fake Identities In Actuallity

While on my mission I saw people get baptized and then proceed to miss church because their gild was fighting a major battle.  Eventually they stopped coming all together.  I've seen the pernicious effects of addicting online gaming behavior with several people in my life.  Gaming doesn't attract me so it's easy for me to refrain from it, so I've needed to put forth effort to understand those overcome by its addictive nature.  On the flip side we have social norms and certain cultures that prevent people from expressing their true identity when they are dying to.  We are so quick to condemn those living a fake identity in cyberspace and never think that maybe we are causing those around us to actually live a fake identity.  It looks like people need to put forth some effort to understand these people's true identities.

1 comment: