Monday, September 10, 2012

Big Brother Is Coming To The USA

Assuming I remain a good citizen, I don't see what's so bad about face recognition technology coming to the streets of the USA.  The last thing I want are more Ted Bundys running around.  If used wisely this could help find the nation's top most wanted criminals, or any of the wanted criminals really.  Sure I'll feel a little violated, but as long as they don't abuse this technology then the trade of for feeling constantly violated should be worth it.


Source

2 comments:

  1. While I agree that catching criminals is a very good thing, how much privacy and freedom are we sacrificing for it? While we all agree that catching would-be murderous terrorists is a good thing, does the TSA really do that? Or do they cause unnecessary inconvenience and downright blatant disrespect for a few unlucky travelers? http://www.ijreview.com/2012/07/9816-6-horrifying-displays-of-stupidity-by-the-tsa/ I think they should think twice--maybe more than twice--before implementing such a wide-scale breach of privacy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't see how this is an invasion of privacy. As long as I'm not doing anything that would cause the government to hunt me down, why should it matter if they know where I am? Now if they put a camera in my home, that's a different story. But if I'm in a public place, I don't really care who knows I'm there.

    ReplyDelete